Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Jen

Today I saw some actor pumping gas at the Arco on 4th and Pico. When I say "some," that is because I know who he is, but can't for the life of me think of his name or the movie he is in. I can remember his voice and what he was wearing in the scene he was in, but can't remember the stupid movie! So let me add to my celebrity-sighting list.

1) Host from Street Smarts
2) Some actor in some movie I don't remember

I had this crazy dream the other night that I was in either high school or college (it felt like high school but was more reminiscent of college) and I was at this choir/band concert that was just horrible. An old friend, Laura, that I no longer see due to mutual differences has, this trombone solo that was god-awful. I was at this event with my friend, Jen whom I have known since first grade. Anyway, our conversation went something like this.

Me: I didn't think that Laura still played the trombone?! (in real life, she never played the trombone)
Jen: Yeah, she's been telling everyone that she is first chair in band.
Me: I haven't seen the band in awhile, but if she is first chair, then the band must suck!

I have no idea why I felt the need to transcribe my dream here, but I just thought it was hilarious when I woke up. You should have seen her perform that trombone solo! Why the hell am I dreaming about this?

I am very happy to announce that Matt just got a new job that I helped to set him up with. Yay! No more Starbucks and Real Food Daily! I will miss the free coffee and food though. : ( Honestly, it’s not worth it for him to work at either of those places. Although Real Food Daily is great because it’s vegan, organic, and delicious, it just isn’t paying the bills.

Do you ever wake up and just feel totally discombobulated even though you have had a full night of sleep? I woke up late, debated over what to wear much too long and then ended up changing outfits after I finally made a decision. I let my cereal hang out in the milk too long until it was soggy and I have this pimple over the right side of my lip that makes my face look distorted and hurts like hell. I hate mornings like that.

Thanks to Matt’s Dad for the longest comment that I have ever gotten on a blog. It still sounds like you guys had a nice New Years, even if it didn’t end up at a middle aged homosexual party (true story). Just for the record I don’t exactly know what my thesis is going to be about (something about the snapshot aesthetic in color fine art photography) and the book I want to publish is the visual half of my thesis project. It’s an 80 page or so 6 by 6 inch book with photographs and text by me. It is called “thegreyhouseyears.”

Lates.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home