Monday, April 18, 2005

Jen

For the first time in weeks, I feel like I can actually get things done at home. I've cleaned up, sorted through my mail, even wrote actual letters to people who I needed to write back. I've also spent some time on this blog, finally updating the links section on this page and divided the blogs from the non blogs. I've even added my boyfriend's blog, so now you can finally read what he really thinks of me. Actually, on some strange caffeine high this weekend, he wrote a slew of haikus (a question I posed to him Sunday: is more than one haiku, haikus? or is it still haiku?) about frozen nose hairs and other trails and tribulations.

The new "art and whatnot" section, includes my best buds from grad school plus a new friend from California, Greg, who has K.A.* paintings and drawings. Also, I finally added Plume and Peck, a comic strip by my old roommate and good friend, Nathan, that he has been working on since we lived together.

It was great having Dave and Byron in for the night, although I wish it could have been longer. A couple of months ago, Byron and I spent at least three hours on the phone discussing what the plot should be for the "Full House Reunion" made-for-tv-movie. As far as I know, nothing is in the works for this kind of program, so feel free to contact us for the full script. Anyway, these are the kind of things that I always used to talk to my dear Byron about, and I miss his company.

When you are waiting for a quest to arrive, you think of all the things you want to talk to them about, like the funny story of the old man who tried to pick you up while waiting in line to get lunch, or the four 30-something men hanging out on main street that you saw goofing around like they were teenagers that made you laugh because you thought they were toolboxes. Then you see that person and all these stories go out the window and their visit passes so quickly and the next thing you know, they are leaving and you finally remember what you want to tell them. This has been my experience every time someone has been out here to see Matt and I. It makes me truly miss my friends at home.

This weekend, Matt and I are going to drive up to San Francisco to visit the sea lions. We decided that we need to take a vacation, just the two of us. I am very excited to get out of town and do something different.

I'm picking up the very clean down comforter today! Huzzah!

*I had to reference one of my favorite yearbook acronyms: "kick ass"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home