Thursday, July 07, 2005

I must blog after an enticement like Tuesday's. How goes all?

I'm in the throes of teaching summer school, a lethargic battle of who wants to be there less. I could really do without.

I've been in a funk all day. The attacks in England have shaken me for some reason. It has something to do with my friend CS who works a few hundred yards from the blast near Liverpool Street station. I met him in the station last time I visited him in London. He just got came to Chicago on Tuesday in a bit of fortuitous timing.

I think mostly it has to do with the despair I feel about the nameless, faceless threat and the insatiable hatred of these terrorists who have no real goal or reason behind their acts. The English have a Crusader Zionist government? What the hell does that mean? It's run by a Jewish Richard the Lionhearted? Apparently it means the working-class Britons who ride busses and trains deserve to die.

Enough. Cubs suck. Having friends come back to visit rules. Knowing I'll see Jen again soon double rules. Writing a test double sucks.

Christie - There are plans afoot for a "welcome home, have a nice trip back" BBQ for CS on the 16th. More info to follow! Send me your phone number. My old phone is in a landfill somewhere without my permission. Lazy phone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Greg - I consider your post a miracle! A Christmas Miracle!

Please post again!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home