Sunday, July 03, 2005

Jen

Ah, the fourth of July. A blessing or a curse, really, depending on how you look at it. Some think, " a three day weekend! Huzzzah!" I ALWAYS have to work Saturday and have Monday off. Super dee duper, no 3 days off for me.

Those that believe it's a curse may think "this is one of the most heaviest traveled weekends. Lots of cars, lots of drunk people, probably lots of accidents."

Would I sound old if I thought somewhere in between?

Maybe it's because Venice is a nightmare this weekend. There are loads of people everywhere. Trash overflows from the garbage cans onto the street. It smells of piss in the alleyways. Not a pretty sight. Or smell.

Sorry, I drifted off to sleep for about ten minutes sitting up and now, I'm crabby.

Matt and I had plans to go down to Tijuana this weekend, but Matt doesn't have either a birth certifcate or passport so we can't get in. All you have to do to get into Canada is have a drivers license. Oh well. It's a shame. I really wanted to get a matching set of brass knuckles for my other hand. Instead, tomorrow, we are taking a day trip to San Diego to the zoo; get out of the madness for a day to look at sleeping Pandas.

I went to Wednesday screening of the 48 Hour Film Project where friend, Pat (listed under "Round is Funny Productions" in group C) , had a project he worked on. It's pretty amazing process these people go through. Doing any kind of film in 48 hours isn't hard, but a GOOD film is another story. I definitely saw some major crap that night, but for the most part, it was good films. There were some very talented people working together on these projects. Pat's was very funny and clever.

Chrisite, I am very glad that you wrote something. Yes, I would buy the Tarantula. They're not mean, just creepy as hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home