Friday, August 12, 2005

Jen

Last night I was taken out by my boss, her daughter, and co-worker Juli to “The Ivy” which is this swanky restaurant on Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. Basically, when I say swanky, I mean 9 ravioli for $27.00. Don’t get me wrong, they were very nice, tasty ravioli, but not exactly worth $27.00. You are paying for the view, and I’m not talking about the ocean, I mean rich people. Very rich people. Rich people like Owen Wilson. I am so horrible at picking out celebrities. They look like everyone else. So, of course, we are at the table right next to Owen Wilson and I still couldn’t figure out which one he was. It was also dark and I wasn’t wearing my glasses. Fine. Anyway, he was with 4 other people – one of them which looked liked Hagrid from all my favorite Harry Potter movies. I highly doubt it was him. So with exactly 14 days left in Los Angeles, Owen Wilson is the sixth celebrity I have spotted here. The list, for your viewing pleasure:

1. Owen Wilson
2. Paulie Shore
3. Helen Hunt
4. Brittany Spears
5. Ron Eldard
6. Host from Street Smarts

I went to my second acupuncture session today and my wrist is feeling much better. It’s really hard for me to explain acupuncture if you’ve never had it done. Think of it this way: little pins are inserted to release blocked energy. It may sound like a load of bullshit, but I have found it to be very comforting and extremely helpful in my wrist situation. Here’s an interesting link from the Wikipedia.

It’s official. Matt and I will be the downstairs neighbors of Christie and Mike. I plan on be the annoying neighbor that bangs my broom handle on the ceiling when Mike and Christie are walking too loudly. I like absolute silence when I am at home. I also plan on waiting for Christie at her front door everyday until she gets home from work until I find a job of my own! This is going to be so much fun!

9 Comments:

Blogger George said...

I believe it's Ivy at the Shore

9:56 PM  
Blogger Mike Anonymous said...

Is that in Lincoln Square?

12:14 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

George - Not only am I bad at spotting celebrities, I also suck at remembering names of expensive restaurants I've gone to.

Danius -You are right. LA is not fun. and I don't drink Coke or Pepsi. But If I had to pick a beverage of choice for Jesus, it would definitely be 7up.

Mike - yes! Lincoln Square! How dare you ditch the coolest neighborhood in Chicago for Jefferson Park?!?!

Christie - you are on for a game of hallway bowling. Tonight, Rodino is in town and also Matt's dad. Call me anyway because I am at work alone and I don't feel like working.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mike Anonymous said...

Dudes - we must bowl at Lincoln Square Lanes!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Mike- I am so in for bowling. One time, Christie and I wanted to start a bumber bowling league but nothing came of it. We had plans for shirts and everything. . .

Byron - we will be in exactly on the first of September. I expect to see you then or very shortly after or I will be sad. Expect one last pen pal letter.

Christie - There is a stairwell next to the hardware store that takes you upstairs to the bowling alley. I tried to go there once and it was packed.

7 more days of work! huzzah to being unemployed (once again!)

1:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

i've always wanted to go, but it's packed on my standard bowling nights, friday and saturday. all right i have no standard bowling night, but whenever I call to see about a lane the earliest the guy can squeeze me in is midnight.

see you 9/1 Jen!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mike Anonymous said...

Lincoln Square Lanes is never packed on Sundays, my day for bowling.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Introducing my new day for bowling . . . Sunday!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mike Anonymous said...

Introducing my new bowling (and life) partner...Greg!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home