Thursday, July 28, 2005

Jen

Do you ever feel like you have had the unluckiest week ever, and then miraculously, the next week, everything just turns around?

Last week, I went to a funeral, lost my ATM card, dyed my hair into a freakish color, cried in my car after searching for a half hour for a parking spot, nearly dried my account of all money, got into an argument with my step-dad, and to top it off, my crazy carpal tunnel thing was acting up. It just sucked.

The weekend was great. I was in Las Vegas with Becky and other lady friends for Katie's bachlorette party. It was just what I needed: a relaxing day by the pool and a night dodging sweating men. Good times.

Upon returning home, I had the task of quitting my job, which went totally well! I was shocked! She was totally understanding and even (gasp) helpful. She even offered to pay for acupuncture for my bad wrist!

This week alone, my hair's freakish color has turned into something I like, got an early birthday present from my step-dad, I got a lead on a job in Chicago and was offered to still do some of the work I do for the gallery after I move back to Chicago.

Of course, with all this good stuff happening, I can't help but wonder when will things go wrong again?

Oh and just a side note - has anyone heard the song "Stars" by Switchfoot? If you do, don't start yelling at your radio like I did and blame the shitty band for blatantly ripping off Hum.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Is it a rip-off? I've been listening to "You'd prefer an astronaut?" a ton lately. Must kill, or lightly wound, switchfoot!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

That intro line is very Hum as are a couple of other parts, but otherwise kind of a boring pop song. The melody is very ordinary.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah, it is totally boring, but it has Hum reminants - enough to make me hate the song. I can only imagine what the whole album sounds like.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home