Saturday, February 11, 2006

Typed up yesterday:

I'm going to take advantage of some downtime at work by typing up my comments here and then posting them when I get home, so bear with me if Jen (or someone else) covers this same information before I get it online. Last night was our first time meeting the almighty Ken from Gapers Blog, and he was just as friendly as his internet writings would suggest. He even forked over a surprise "Best of 2005" mix, which my crappy RCA boombox here at work seems to be choking on. I got through about half of track 2 (a Local H tune) when it skipped to the beginning, then went to track 4 and stopped completely. I blame the equipment and not the mix maker. It's sad to think that I do the majority of my listening on something that's no bigger than a loaf of bread, but I can't seem to convince my employers to remove the file cabinets in my cubicle to make way for some 5 foot floor-standing speakers. Anyway, we once again passed over Lincoln Square's "scariest" bar, Carola's Hansa Clipper, in favor of the more inviting Ricochet's. Drinks were downed, and plans for bowling were made - now we just have to pick the day and drag Megan along for the ride.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you fine folks as well. I really liked that bar, very cozy. Some bowling is definitely in order. If the CD keeps acting up, lemme know and I'll get you another one.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home