Monday, January 28, 2002

Jen

Let's scare everybody, let's just roll.*

What do you do when your hub dies? Buy a new one!

Since I am not fluent in computer mumbo-jumbo, I will explain this as I know how. Our hub passed away early this morning, leaving us without our beloved internet and the ability to share files. We got a switch this afternoon, making everything just a wee bit quicker and office life just a wee bit happier. Did I mention that I only have four more days left of work?

I can’t write too much today because it’s already getting late and I have tons more shit to do before I leave. I will tell you that my bike is a piece of crap. Gant and I rode our bikes from our west Lakeview residence, down to the lake, south to North Avenue, north to South Avenue (ha ha. Just kidding!) actually north to Wilson Avenue and then back home. Why my bike sucks? 1) The seat has made a permanent bruise on my ass. It hurts and I am bitter. 2) It felt like I was riding on one of those exercise tension bikes the whole time. I must remember to grease it up before, or if I ever take it out again. Past all this bitterness, the ride was great and the Lake was beautiful on Sunday. Especially when I was riding with just a T-shirt on and I was fine. I love the global warming!**

*I'm fairly sure these are the lyrics. . . hmmm. It's from the new Superchunk album - third song called Phone Sex. Gooogle searches will have a great time with this one. . .
** This too I am kidding about. Here are my quick thoughts about the weather. You know how the weather person usually tells the records for that day in history? Well for Sunday, with a high of 65 here in Chicago, that record was broken sometime in 1850’s. Was global warming really an issue in 1850? Did people even think that it was due to something called global warming? My guess is no. I’m sure that they just enjoyed a kick ass day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home