Thursday, January 24, 2002

Jen

Walking down a crowded avenue. Other faces seem like nothing next to you. And I can't hear the traffic rushing by. Just the pounding of my heart and that's why. . .*

Done, done and done! It's finished! Expect to see a beautifully designed, quality CD sometime in March.

My boss is on a business trip for the rest of the week which is both good and bad. Good because I don't feel stressed to be busy every second and I can take my time with my work. Bad because when he isn't here, I spend way too much time on the internet and pretty much no time working. I am so bad.

Write Brian and wish him a happy birthday. With any luck, I'll be seeing him when I'm on my Las Vegas/LA vacation that will be happening in a little over a week.

I just read Chris's new blog and I like it. Check it out. I can't believe that Sister Christain was filmed at his high school! I used to love that stupid song when I was little. My mom actually had the 7 inch single to it.** Anyway, I was on a mini road trip to good ole Madison, WI when I stumbled upon this "Masters of Metal" tape at some gas station. It has that song on it, along with other cock rock favorites. Too bad I can't think of them right now. Damn.

As you know, we are looking to replace my friend, Barb, who left this job Friday. Anyway, my boss is giving this intelligence test to any people coming into interviews. I'm no genius, but I think some of the questions are really easy. I've been looking at the tests of people he has interviewed thus far, and it's amazing how many easy questions people get wrong. Here are a few examples.

When wire is selling at $0.0125 a foot, how many feet can you buy for fifty cents?

Imagine Imaginary - Do these words have similar meanings, have contradictory meanings or mean neither the same nor opposite?

Familiar is the opposite of - friendly - old - strange - aloof - different.

Clear is the opposite of - plain - obvious -explicit - distinct - dim.

Which number in the following group of numbers represents the smallest amount? 6, .7, 9, 36, .31 or 5?

The girl who's test I'm reading from got the last one wrong. Maybe she didn't see the decimal point.

*"Angel" is the only song to get "Tiny Dancer" out of my head. and conveniently enough, apart of my second footnote.
**I wish I could find it! I do have a lot of other cool 80's 7 inches in my possession such as "Angel" by Madonna, "the Super Bowl Suffle" by our poor, misunderstood Chicago Bears (aka the disowned team) and "We're not gonna take it" by Twisted Sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home