Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Jen

I want to run through the halls of my high school. I want to scream at the top of my lungs.*

9 more days at work. Cool.

Last night, I spent lots of quality time with my girls** and Greg. We were huge dorks. As he sat on the couch with his laptop working on the inside of the insert, and I sat a mere four feet away on my computer working on the images for the front cover. At least it looks like the album is finally coming together though! It seems like we have been working on it for ages. I’m really excited to finally send it out and see the finished project. Hopefully, if we keep to our current schedule, we can get everything out by Wednesday and have it back by the end of February. Coolness.

I also bought a congratulatory*** pair of shoes last night that I am currently wearing. There’s nothing like buying stuff when you know that you will have absolutely no income in two weeks. Hurrah to being poor.****

I’m sure that most people think that I have a “problem” with shopping. When I say “problem,” it’s because I’m always buying stuff. My closet can be an intimidating place for some. It’s filled with tons of clothes, shoes, bags and coats. For some reason, I think Greg, Gant and Pat witness it the most because it seems that whenever they call my cell phone, I’m out buying a “congratulatory item” for myself. Let’s see, here are some “congratulatory” reasons: getting a good grade in a class or on a test; having a good critique; finishing with finals; getting somewhere on time; eating a tasty lunch; you get it. Fine, basically anything makes me shop, shop, shop!

This morning, I was in such a good mood. Even though I had to wake up way earlier than I wanted to, I felt so refreshed. I guess that’s what getting on with your life feels like. It’s giving me these feelings of “out with the old and in with the new.” Bring it on.

Well, I have a big two weeks planned out for office work, which consists of lots of organizing. Time to get started.

*I have no idea who sings this song, but they play it on XRT all the time. It's damn catchy as a song, and most appropriate to how I'm feeling right now.
**my computer and scanner
***for quitting!
****and unfortunately a shopaholic, as in my case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home