Monday, January 21, 2002

Jen

Free at last! Free at last!

I quit my job today.

So what's new with you?

On Friday night when I was walking home, this strange feeling came over me. I can't really explain it, but it's like having your vision become cloudy and then everything becoming clearer than it was previously. For the past couple of months, I've been coming home from work so pissed at the politics in this office. I would take everything as a personal offense rather than seeing this as "just being a job."

Then there was this feeling and I knew. I knew that I was done working here, and that if I were to quit and not even have a job to go to, I'd be ok. It was a huge relief for me.

After I knew I had to quit, it was just a matter of how to do it. I spoke to Janet (my coworker) Sunday night, and she gave me the go ahead and advice on how I should go about it. So, I wrote my letter of resignation last night and handed it to my boss this morning.

We had a talk about it just a couple of hours ago. It was really tough for me not to cry. Yeah, as much as I bitch about things here and the politics, the people do mean a lot to me. I'm only 23 years old, and I've been working here since I was 18. I've grown up here, and I'm going to miss these people- not the job.

But it went well. Very well, which in a way, also freaked me out, because I was expecting some sort of argument. I even had thoughts that I may have to say, "Take this job and blow it out your asshole!" but it never came up, which is good. There is no point in burning bridges, especially when you don't want to hurt the feelings of people you care about.

As of Friday, February 1st, I will no longer be working here. So, um, anyone looking for a photographer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home