Wednesday, March 20, 2002

Jen

I could sing you to sleep.

Don't you hate it when you are wearing a t-shirt under a wool sweater, and then when you take the sweater off, it leaves behind little fuzzies? My shirt looks like a wool-lint factory.

Notice how smart I am? I finally figured out how to do bold and italics on this stupid computer. I should have figured it out ages ago, because it is SO EASY. I ate paint chips as a child.

One thing though. . . I am really tired of the fact that I can't post web sites on the blog due to me using a mac. I swear, I think there are only four PC's in this entire building, and they both happen to be in the museum. So here's the deal. I'll physically type out the website for the museum, and you can actually look at the piece that I have been bitching about from the get go. The "Mourning Wall." The piece has kind of turned into a big joke for us at the museum. We came up with the idea of having a stand next to the mourning wall that sells funnel cakes (so that you can get happy after seeing the saddest wall ever), posters of the wall, a "home mourning wall" (which is a small, stand up version) and my slogan on a t-shirt: "This wall is for anyone that's ever died ever."

Actually, I worked with the artist of the wall yesterday, and although she is a bit freaky about her work, she is a nice lady. I think the best line was, "Jen, please humor me, and just lightly hold this $30,000 piece of art so that it won't fall." Brian and I had to hang another one of her pieces (that sounds kinda nasty, doesn't it?) yesterday. Brian had the top of the piece and I had the job of maybe catching it if Brian dropped it. It was a completely ridiculous job, but hey, that's what I get paid to do.

Yeah, check out www.mocp.org.

Tomorrow is the opening and we are serving hot dogs and beer. Go Chicago theme!! and, tomorrow may be the day that I have "the cow"* for the first time since I was 15. Everytime I go to the ball park, those damn hotdog stands tease me. I end up backing away because I think, "hell, it's already been x-amount of years, I shouldn't ruin that because they smell awesome." Anyway, my co-workers are trying to give me the ballpark experience so that I give in and eat the dog. We'll see. . .


*I refer to any meat products made from a cow as "the cow." That's also the same of "the pig." I haven't touched either since I was 15, making me a cow-and-pig-less person for 8 years now.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home