Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Jen

It's 8:52. Where are you?

I'm in the digital lab, doing some last minute printouts for class tomorrow. I may stay and do some extra research on Yoko Ono. Not for me, but for class. I'm writing a paper on her. She has done so much stuff, from painting and sculpture to film and performance art. Don't forget Plastic Ono Band - on one album, she has this song where she just screeches "why" and the next song is "why not." I haven't figured this one out yet, but she studied italian opera in New York. Obviously, it wasn't for singing. . .

The reception went well - it was pretty tame except for the homeless woman that was filling her styrofoam cup up with more alcohol after she finished it. I missed Shirana's lecture (which I really wanted to be there for) only because I was making sure that we had enough food out for the vultures, um, I mean patrons.

This weekend I spent time sleeping and getting ready for the presentation I gave monday morning. Have I mentioned that I will be ESTATIC once this week is over?

Yesterday I spent one and a half wasteful hours at the DMV getting a new drivers license. I waited in this very uncomforatble chair for 45 minutes while this computerized system calls out random numbers that aren't necessarily in order. Then, when I get up to the counter I find out three things: 1)The woman that is helping me is so nice and happy that I feel really bad about the food stuck in her teeth. I still didn't tell her. How do you bring that up to a stranger? 2) Once you prove that you are you, any information can be lied about, they don't care. For instance, I told her that I had moved so I took out a bill to prove it. She tells me that she doesn't need it, I can just tell her. Isn't this vital information? 3) I don't get a new picture because my license expires when I'm 25. Here's a better explanation: My picture on my id is of a just turned 21 year old me. I had short bleached blonde hair. Now I have longish red hair. I still look the same, but I have been questioned about it in the past. That part isn't as stupid as the fact that since my license expires when I'm 25, I have to come back in 1 year to do the whole thing again. You would think that the license would expire 5 years from the date you get it - such as me getting a new license this week means it would expires when I am 29 - not so.

So there's my adventure.

I have to get going because I don't want to take the L home too late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home