Friday, January 10, 2003

Jen

What else in this fucking room, reminds me of fucking you.

I love that line.

What a long, long week! Besides having to do a shitload of work, I a) passed my candidacy! Huzzah! B) had my end of the semester review, which went really well and c) lost my wallet. I’m not sure if I really lost it or someone took it, but either way, it’s gone. A coworker of mine is also missing her wallet, so it’s a little suspicious. I would hate to think anyone took it, but so it is the world we live in. Anyway, all cards are cancelled, but I find myself without and id or a way to get cash quickly. I wonder if this will help me to budget?

Tonight we are having the opening for Max Becher and Andrea Robbins -a husband and wife team who document cultures that have been “misplaced"; Alan Cohen - he found this place in Ecuador that actually has the Equator marked on the ground and has documented this “improbable border" as he calls it; and Shirana Shahbazi- who happens to be my favorite photographer of the show. Shirana’s work is not only beautiful, but is breaks down the ideas of what we might think of Iran. It makes the country seem less unapproachable and romantic. She will also be talking about her work around 6:00 this evening. Stop by between 5 and 7 tonight if you are interested!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home