Friday, August 22, 2003

Jen

Friami International Fryport

Wednesday, we finally broke down and bought ourselves a new grill. Actually, due to some unexpected cash Nathan’s way, we were able to go through with it. It didn’t look like anything was coming of the whole Ernie thing taking/throwing away our precious grill, especially after telling me that it was “my problem” that it was gone. Now we have a sweet new Weber that we are testing out tonight. It will be a cozy cookout involving “Grecky” (the name for the unit otherwise know as Becky and Greg), Christie and Mike, Chris Ryan, Nathan and hopefully Eugene later. Peter will once again be out at the cabin, so he will be missing out on the birthday/cookout festivities.

I’m having a hugely difficult time focusing due to my lack of sleep. I always tell myself I’m only going out for one beer and that somehow multiplies.

I have some accounting stuff to do today that I’ve been putting off for sometime now. It’s torture inputting all those numbers. It’s funny when you think about it. At my old job, I somehow ended up being the office accountant even though when I got the job I was only 18 and had no experience with accounting. Now, I’ve changed jobs and hired for a completely different purpose and yet, I find myself doing the accounting yet again. Maybe that’s not as funny as just ironic. As yes, irony.

I’m sure everyone’s read the new Onion by now, but this article is the most brilliant thing. That and Friami International Fryport. So, so funny.

Tomorrow night I am going to friend’s bachelorette party. I love my friend, can even say I adore her, but I am so very tired of spending money on wedding festivities. I am on this horrible budget so every penny counts. Not only do I have to get her a gift, but I also have to help pay for “entertainment.” Weddings are a combination of give and take. We throw her a shower, she throws a bridal luncheon. We throw a bachelorette party, we get . . . Wait, what do we get? I’m sorry that I’m coming off bitter. I’m actually really excited to be hanging with the girls and spending time with my dear friend before she ties the knot. I just wish it were slightly cheaper.

Mike – have any plans for the weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home