Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Mike

"Woo!" - Lionel Richie, intro part to Dancing on the Ceiling

What have I been up to? Hmm...since my last report, I had an excellent Christmas with the whole family in Glen Ellyn. I got to see my youngest nephew for the first time, which ruled. Gifts were torn open, several pumpkin pies were eaten, and brother vs. brother wrestling matches were conducted. I didn't get too many exciting gifts other than money (which I'm very thankful for), but my oldest niece got this awesome Disney karaoke set that enables you to change the pitch of your voice while singing your choice of 20 Disney classics. My brother Brian and I entertained the family with a powerful duet of "A Whole New World." There wasn't a dry eye in the house. For New Year's Eve I made it to three parties - the first was some former classmates of my roommate who live in my 'hood, the second was a party hosted by some guys I met through the CMJ Bulletin Board that I frequently visited at my old job where I did nothing all day and needed to kill some time, and the third was the party of Corey and Corey from bowling. Yes, I have two friends named Corey who happen to live with one another. During this whole time my old roomate Ryan (who now lives in Berkeley) was staying with me, so we got in some quality hanging-out time. Last Friday was Crapple, where I managed to win a nice chess/checkers set with only $1 in tickets. It's currently sitting in the apartment of The Crapple KingsTM, Mark and Matt. On Saturday I strolled through the majority of Lakeview and Lincoln Park with this awesome girl named Caroline who I'll probably never see again because she lives in DC. That's life, I guess. On Sunday I sat on my ass and watched part of a terrible Scott Baio movie. This morning it took 19 (19!?!) tries to finally start my car. I have an interview on Friday for a job in Lombard that better pay more than my current one.

I have nothing planned for this weekend, so we should all hang out and have a drink or seventeen. Let me know what your schedules look like.

Number of times a co-worker has said "Sometimes I just want to stab you in the face!" to me in the last week: 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home