Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Mike

Hello Hello...

Jen - I got your card and pictures...thanks! It's nice to be reminded of warmer times (the Braid show last summer) when the temperature is hovering around 10 degrees for most of the week. Things are actually starting to warm up a little today, but the last few days were brutal.

Like I said in my last post, I've been super busy recently. Work has been hectic, and I'm trying to decide if/when I want to move to a new department. While I enjoy my position for the most part, things can occasionally get brutally boring. The woman to my right constantly blares WNUA (How much Ramsey Lewis can one man take?), while my boss on the left can't figure out how to get her Bad Company albums to play in the computer. Other than that, office life is peachy.

I went to my friend Corey's place for NYE...

(Corey not pictured here, sadly)

Last weekend I cleaned my room and organized all my CDs for the first time in ages, putting everything in a case and on the shelf. Here's part of the mess that was present only 2 days later...

Those stacks on the floor are at least a good 20 albums deep. Do I really listen to that much music? Yes, yes I do. There are seven more cases just like that, too!

I make my triumphant return to grad school in 2 weeks. I couldn't possibly be less excited. I'm sure it won't be too bad, but I'm not looking forward to 3 hour lectures, 40 page papers, and classmates droning on and on about their "totally kickass" database administrator positions. The only thing I'm excited about is taking printer paper from the computer lab for my home printer. That, and the surprisingly delicious subs from the NIU-Naperville cafeteria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home