Friday, February 04, 2005

Jen

I don’t know who out there reads this for one, and of those that read this that have Macs, but if you do read this and have a Mac, make sure you always use Safari when you are reading this blog. I just realized the difference between Explorer and Safari and this blog looks way better on Safari. I’m sure all Mac lovers know this already but I am a slow learner.

It’s been a hellish (hellish because I’ve been here late pretty much every night) two weeks getting our gallery ready for an opening and finally packing up our photographs and shipping them to New York for AIPAD, which translates to the Association of International Photography Art Dealers. I was really hoping that I would be able to go, but alas, I have only worked here 5 months and I’m still getting the hang of the gallery world. So, I am here holding the fort down. I actually have some extensive projects laid out for myself, so I definitely won’t be bored, although maybe a bit lonely when I am at the gallery all by myself.

The thing I hate the most about being here by myself is having to go to the bathroom. See, we don’t have a bathroom in the gallery. I have to lock the place up and walk through the parking lot to use the public restrooms in the station. I don’t mind the walk; I actually like it. What I don’t like is having to put up the sign explaining that I’ll be back in ten minutes and having that one jackass who would like to come in the gallery wait by the door and count every minute on his watch. Then when you come back late for whatever reason, this jackass will then complain that I was gone much longer than the time I quoted on my sign. You may think this doesn’t happen much, but I will tell you, it does.

I am excited for the weekend. Eric’s (friend o’ mine) sister Katie is having a Mardi Gra party (both her and Eric spent extensive time in New Orleans) and I am excited to try this King Cake that Katie is having shipped directly from the source. I know nothing about Mardi Gra, so this is interesting. Plus it’s a party with free booze so I am in!

Christie:

Last night, I went to this pub, the Daily Pint, with Eric for an after work cold one. Anyway, there is a shuffleboard table there! I kid you not! So, you have to book a ticket out here so that we may finish (um, and start) our movie about shuffleboard. Matt, being the budding director that he is, is more than willing to help us shoot and make this dream possible!

Actually, upon talking to some other people at the bar, it turns out this is not the best table in town. It is my goal to scout out other tables before your arrival. Eric and I were also accosted by a diehard shuffleboard fan that yelled at us when we “scored wrong.” At one point, he rubbed his hand all over our scoreboard and then proceeded to rub his chalky hands all over his rather large beer belly. tsk, tsk. He was not following the rules. . . After one game, we were forced to move on.

ps. please look at the links and do some research : )


said shuffleboard table.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

nice! if you're really into shuffleboard, try "the cozy inn" on washington pl. and sepulveda bvld. plus beers are cheap and the place is decorated like someone's grandpa's basement. very non-LA.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hi Brian: I actually overheard some talk about the Cozy Inn from the crazy guy's coworkers. I couldn't remember the name though until you said it, so thanks. I love places that look like people's basements. It reminds me of home (more of Chicago than my actual place of residence). Gotta love dive bars.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home