Friday, January 21, 2005

Jen

I was looking at the list for Best Pizza in Chicago  (I would post the link, but I am submitting this blog via e-mail so I don’t know how to do that yet.  Go to www.chicago.citysearch.com for more listings)  and I wanted to share that my favorite pizza place, Art of Pizza on Ashland and Barry, right near the Jewel, received a 9.4 in the ratings!  If you haven’t been there, please try it.  It is the best pizza in Chicago as far as I am concerned.  Has anyone been to Aurelio’s Pizza?  It got a 9.9.

Sorry to go all crazy on the ratings and such.  

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Hi Jen,

Aurelio's has been around for over forty years. I first went to their original store-front location in Homewood back in the early 70's. My friend Rich's old employer, Frigo Bros. Foods used to supply Aurelio's with their cheese and sausage. At one point (either in the late 70's or early 80's), their landlord raised their rent too much so the Aurelio family bought an old truck barn in Homewood, gutted it, and turned it into what they claim to be the largest pizzeria in the world. It might just be...it's pretty huge. Since then, Aurelio's has franchised and is all over Illinois and Indiana and has a few other joints in Colorado, Florida, Minnesota and, yes, even Nevada. Next time you're visiting your folks, Jen, you can check out the Aurelio's Pizza at 7660 W. Cheyenne in Las Vegas. And next time you're visiting back around Chicago, I hope you'll let me take you and Matt to the original Aurelio's in Homewood. I can't vouch for all the frahchise operations, but the original Aurelio's MIGHT just be a 9.9.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home