Friday, January 28, 2005

Jen

You don't know what you want; it may take you years to find out. You don't know what you need; it's something that may never come to you.

It strange how I keep hearing the same Face to Face song, sometimes up to a whole two times a week. Am I wrong about this, but wasn't “Disconnected” a hit in '93 or something? I think I had this tape . . . and I remember it being really good . . . Did Face to Face ever come out with any other radio hits? Not like it matters, I just think it would be nice to hear something else by them.

I also keep hearing that cover of Boyz-n-the-Hood cover by the one hit wonder band, Dynamite Hack. I do like the song; I think it's really very well done. However, I am very weirded out by radio stations frequently playing old hits. I know there is a lot of shit music out, but really, there's absolutely nothing new or good to play?

On my current shit list of songs it this stupid Foo Fighters song “Little Nicky” or something like that. I just hate it so much. It's just stupid. There.

However, the new Queens of the Stone Age song, “Little Sister” is pretty tight and might make me want to buy the CD.

See?!?!?! I need a CD player in my car!!! In the morning, I am too out of it to find a tape or even find the correct balance to get my I-pod to sound nice on my stereo, so I just listen to the stinkin' radio! I am, however, looking forward to Dicky Barrett's new morning show on Indie 103. Nothing like a little ska to wake you up in the morning!

Now that Becky has sent me copies of the digi photos she took while visiting, I figured that I'd post a few. And I do have to say these are very nice photo's, Beck. Get ready for a photo extravaganza!


This is us walking down the beach in Venice. It was so nice out! Why is it raining again today?


Here is Greg by this very horribly done wall mural at the end of my block. Notice Greg's stance and how it changes very little from photograph to photograph! (kidding!)


The group photo in front of "The Del" as it is known as by the folks who live on Coronado, "the island" off of San Diego. The hotel, as Becky very well knows, is the Hotel Del Coronado which is featured in "Some Like it Hot." I heard a couple of days ago that they give free tours of the hotel if you stop by the lobby! It's a shame we didn't know!


Becky and Greg in front of "The Del"


Gas Lamps rule! (San Diego Gaslamp Quarter.)


Here is a picture of the lovely canals near my home.


Greg and I in my very small kitchen, partying like rockstars.

I hope you like the little photo album. Sorry to bore you with 7 (yikes!) pictures in one blog!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home