Friday, May 27, 2005

Jen

Welcome to June Gloom. It's hard for me to believe that here, in "Sunny" California, there is a month of possibly no sun. It's not even June yet, and this whole week has been overcast, slightly chilly and kinda gloomy. One of the main reasons I'm still even here (including job, lease, very close to ocean location) is the weather. I guess it's kinda nice to have some sort of weather change; it makes things interesting.

This morning, I was behind the SLOWEST Lexus in LA, so of course, I passed it up. I was expecting “grandma” as I had called her in my head, but it was some chick that was my age or younger. Not only that, but she has a nice car, and yet has all this shit hanging from the rearview mirror like a dream catcher and a tree shaped car freshener. I am constantly amazed by what I see on the road.

Has anyone seen the new Venus? I get nicks all over when my razor isn't vibrating. What kind of scam is this?

I just saw a commercial for this: Worst possible show idea ever.

"hot diggity dog? You should read my lyrics." - Anton Newcombe

I have no real plans for tonight – Nathan may be hanging out with another friend and Matt has already left for the mountains. Of course, I could watch “DIG!” for the fourth time if I absolutely have nothing to do. It’s a great movie that I never expected to like so much. It’s about the so-called rivalry between the Brian Jonestown Massacre and The Dandy Warhols. The movie focuses more on TBJM than the Warhols, so you miss out on learning about the creative processes of the band. You do, however, get this real insight into Anton Newcomb and Courtney Taylor’s insane amount of jealousy for each other. Anton seems to be more jealous of Taylor's success and actually starts a rivalry between the bands. After watching all the footage of TBJM, you realize how much of dick Anton is and consistently wonder throughout the film how he keeps any people in his band or any fans or friends. If you check out the website for TBJM, apparently Anton doesn't support the movie due to the "exploitative use of the footage." It’s crazy entertaining, so rent it when you have a chance.

Keep music evil, man.

Oh, and have a nice memorial day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

DANCING WITH THE STARS ... nothing can compare to the classic CIRCUS OF THE STARS. Mario Lopez and Elizabeth Berkley in spandex while flying through the air on the trapeeze ... the cast of NEWHART being shot out of a cannon, and the "EMPTY NEST Sideshow Extravaganza".

Damn that's good television.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I totally remember Circus of the Stars. That's hilarious! The crap they put on TV in the summer is amazing!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home