Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Jen

I had grandiose plans of posting a new photo everyday until I left. I’ve only posted twice since the month started. Where the hell has August gone? It’s the 17th already? I have less than two weeks left in Los Angeles, and it feels like time has moved so slowly since I got here and I’ve been here for years and then all of sudden, these two weeks are passing by so quickly.

My birthday, um, my 27th birthday is next Wednesday. It’s actually been pretty nice because I’ve been getting early b-day gifts from California folks who won’t see me on the actual day or afterwards, considering we hit the road next Friday. But, in the spirit of birthdays, I have been thinking a lot about age and life in general. In three short years, I will be 30. Looking at the numbers in type make me sad. 1978 seems so far away. I know I’m not the only person ageing at this rate, but it’s just so unbelievable to me that I am this old. When I was younger, I thought 30 was so old. Now that I am closing in on this, and I still feel like I am 22, 30 is almost inconceivable. Ugh. To top it off, after I finally start feeling like I am an important working part of this gallery, I have to leave. AND be unemployed again.

I have these preconceived notions of what a 27 year old should be doing. I should have: a stable job that earns a decent salary with benefits, a permanent residence, and have a significant other. Now, I have very little of these right now (except for Matt!) and still, I’ve never felt better. For the first time in my life, I know exactly what I want to do and how I have to do it, and damn, it is an amazing feeling.

So who cares if I turn 27? It’s just another reason to celebrate and get gifts, which, is never a bad thing.

I also just wanted to say that I love the communication that goes on in the comment section. I love how commenting can start with bowing and end with a life partner.

5 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Age is just a number. And I have just tagged you.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

When you're hot, like you are, it doesn't matter how old you are, OK? GORGEOUS!



PS - I'm meeting up with Andrew Elsesser tonight.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Shut your piehole JoeP! Andrew? Really? I haven't seen him in ages! Let me know how it goes. . . Oh, and thanks for the compliment! ; )

So apparently I've been tagged? huh? Do I have to do this? I feel bad bothering other people with this. I'll think about it, George.

Byron - how could I ever forget my birthday twin. so what are we going to do once I get home? Did someone say Pop Culture Trivial Pursuit? what?

Sabrina - well said. : )

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Cindi Lauper. go.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

Dat's right baby, me and the Elsesser...

Sadly, he went to his 9pm show, and I went to his 11pm show, so we never saw each other ...

but the day will come! IT SHALL!

MWAH HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHHHAHA

so I've been drinking licorice tea, and I think its doing funny things to my brain.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home