Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Jen

It's my birthday! Woo hoo! Thanks everyone for the sweet birthday wishes. I've had a great day thus far minus a mini hangover I nursed when I woke up. There's nothing like a pre-birthday party! I'm just about ready to go to (my favorite) Duke's for happy hour. Before I forget to write it, two things:

1) Dear Mr.Hedge/bush cutting guy outside of my apartment:
I know that you are paid to cut bushes and all, but could you possibly put it off to maybe, oh, 10 am or so? 8 o'clock in the morning isn't so fun for me (and most likely the rest of Venice) when you have a headache and your noisy bush cutting tool is griding constatly for 30 minutes.
Hugs and Kisses,
Jen

2) Not once, not twice, but 4 FREAKING TIMES, a man name George contacted our gallery trying to purchase veneer. That's right, veneer. The first time of contact was through e-mail, which I deleted immediately. The second was a phone call. Everytime I answer the phone, I say the gallery name and our book distribution company name. After I say that, the conversation is as follows:
George: So, what kind of vaneer do you sell?
Me: Pardon?
George: (slower, so I can "understand") What kind of veneer do you sell?
Me: Veneer? I'm sorry, we are a photographic gallery and book distribution company. We do not sell veneer.
George: (very confused) You don't sell veneer?
Me: No, just photographs and books.
George: Is this (enter our gallery phone number here)
Me: Yes.
George: And you don't sell veneer?
Me: No, we do not sell veneer.
He hangs up. 10 minutes later, I get a fax from George about how he heard about out veneer from a business associate who went to (and this is so awesome) the "Wood Show" in Las Vegas! There is a wood show! and in Las Vegas of all places? Brilliant. Of course, he asks about our veneer and if we can ship it to Canada. Then 15 minutes later, we get another e-mail, basically re-stating the fax. I wrote him back and explained that at no point and time in history have we ever sold veneer and that we wouldn't stock in the future. And, almost better than the fact that there is a Wood Show in Vegas, is that in all written correspondence to the gallery, he spelled veneer wrong! For someone so persistant about veneer, you would think he would have his facts straight.

Off to Duke's for my birthday Mai Tai!

1 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

Happy Bday!! Happy 27!! can't wait to see you guys soon. GOOD LUCK with the cross country trip!!

love, becky :)

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home