Saturday, August 20, 2005

Jen

Two more days of work! Huzzah!

I’ve been spending my time here in various ways. If I were to break it down, it would look something like this: 70% work, including but not limited to: cleaning and organizing my desk, organizing files, organizing print purchase proposals, briefing fellow employees about said organization and proposals, formals goodbyes via e-mail and phone to artists and favorite clients, last minute inventory that should have been done months ago, last minute organizing that I said I did months ago but didn’t do. The rest is pretty much: 10% trying to look like I am working, 10% checking e-mail and blogs, 5% making personal phone calls in preparation of move, 5% slacking off entirely and not making any excuses for it.

We always get crap in the mail here, you know – stupid business credit card offers, postcards from artists that take photographs of flowers, special deals on merchandise with our corp. logo on it, etc. I usually don’t even look at these things any more; I just toss them in the recycling bin and get back to the job at hand. However, in my 5% of slacking off entirely and not making any excuses for it, I found this magazine, right up there with “Sky Mall” (you know you look at this when you are on an airplane and you left your book in the overhead compartment. . .) and found these three items (and trust me, there were many more) that were so absolutely ridiculous, that I had to scan and share with you.

I love how this guy is standing naked in front of his computer confused about the orientation of his towel. And he looks so darn happy!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Free carrying case!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I can’t imagine the demand for any of these products (except maybe the Face/Butt towel. . . kidding). And you know what is even more amazing? These are sold in bulk! So, if you decide you want to get the presidential knifes for yourself, you have to buy three to get it for $3.95 or whatever it is. Or it means someone is selling them in their little store somewhere.

I can see it now here at the gallery. . . “This is a beautiful photograph by Mark Ruwedel of a tree in Coachella Valley. AND if you love this, then you will loooove this Forest Face!!! We’ll throw it in for free if you buy the print!!”

3 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

The Face/Butt towel actually would clear up some post-shower, early morning confusion ... I don't want to wipe my face where my ass has already been.

Though why did they have to make the butt section brown. That's just gross.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

The forest faces look like the talking stone head walls from Labrynth. You know, "The path you take will leeeeaaaadd to certain destruction!" Am I alone in my love of 1986 muppets and Bowie as the Goblin King?

9:19 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I just want to know who needs that many knives!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home