Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jen

The CTA sucks it. Big time.

I know, I know. I should expect by now that I can't rely on the CTA for anything. No matter how early I leave to get somewhere - even an hour ahead of time, I should prepare myself to get to my destination later than expected. Today, I left home for the gallery at 11:15. Now, normally, 45 minutes to get to Chicago Avenue from Western on the brown line is plenty of time. I sometimes even get here early. Ever since they started this brown line construction and renovation, I barely walk in a minute before I start. Today, in combination of waiting for the train and actually riding on the train, my commute was over an hour and a half. How is it so you say? How about this. The train, on Saturday and Sunday comes every 15 minutes. Then, when you finally get on the stinking train, there is always a wait at Belmont, and now, the inbound and outbound train shares just one track between Sedgwick and the Merchandise Mart. What idiots! I'm pissed I have to take the train home. I think I'm going to walk to the red line and go that way. It isn't worth the wait.

All this crap after a fare hike. Bitches.

Other than that, my week has been busy. The A/C broke at the Gap, and for two hot and horrible days, I had to work incredibly long and tedious shifts. It was a nightmare. I'm thankful to be in the nice cool gallery today, especially after our training run for the AIDS Marathon this morning in combination with our hot and humid, un-air-conditioned apartment.

Monday we have plans to visit Matt's family in Indiana and hopefully get our very own little A/C unit. What a glorious day it will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home