Thursday, June 29, 2006

Jen

What a week.

If you are curious as to how Feast of the Senses went, well, it was a good night. I had to defend the gallery from a crowd of drunk people after the feast ended. Due to the high amount of traffic, such as moving out tables, supplies and whatnot, they managed to come into the gallery and attempt to take/open/drink wine that was not theirs. it was strange being the one who had to tell people that they were cut off - at least at my gallery. However, I ended up getting really drunk as well later that night, yet somehow made it home. So yeah, a good night.

We have finally started getting fall merchandise at the Gap. Crazy you say? It's still June! It's true. Whether you realize it or not, Autumn stuff hits the stores this time every year. And you know what else? People buy it! We've been lucky enough to have a pretty mild summer so far, so when you see cool new long sleeve shirts and new jeans, it's very hard not be excited - that is, if you love clothes. I have to admit, I have found myself tempted by such things, knowing that I probably can't wear half of this stuff until October, or that random cool summer night.

One guy asked me who buys fall stuff in June. I said people who love clothes. Then he asked when we get winter stuff in. I replied October. Then he asks who buys winter stuff in October. First of all, it can be cold here in October. Who doesn't want a new sweater for cold weather? However, I replied, people like to start Christmas shopping early. Stores have early sales to get customers in. He then told me, I buy all my Christmas presents in January when things are half off. This from a man who wears pleated khakis and a short sleeve white button-down shirt. Dork. Okay. I'm being harsh. Why ask these questions if you don't really care about my answers, right?

The moral of my story? Buy clothes whenever the hell you want.

There.

Anyone have interesting plans for the 4th of July weekend? I hate going to the Taste of Chicago - too much over priced foods and crazy amounts of suburbia-fanny-packed-families - but I may have to go see this show.

Otherwise, I know of a cool BBQ on the 3rd. If you don't have plans - you can come with Matt and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home