Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Jen

I still haven't decided on the reunion thing. I asked my sister what she thought and she said not to go. Apparently, she ditched out on her 10 yr high school reuinion but was talked into going to her college five year reunion which she said was "a complete waste of time." I highly doubt that my sister is the best judgement on this matter - I was slightly more involved in high school then she was. Nonetheless, I think I'm going to say "no" to the reunion, and Joe - you can call me when it's over and I'll see where everyone is heading for drinks. I'll hit the reunion after the reunion. And I won't have to dress up.

Lately, I've gotten hooked on selling items on Craig's List. I sold some furniture about two years ago when I moved to California, and overall, it was a pleasant experience. I sold a kitchen hutch to this nice couple in Printers Row and they were really easy to work with. Now, I am attempting to sell this video camera that I haven't used in ages. It's works fine and it looks brand new - I just don't need it. I've already gotten a few responses back, however, a couple seem kind of shifty. These buyers want to pay more than I asked for by a cashier's check they send in the mail. Then they will send me shipping info and prepaid labels to ship out the camera. I got a little nervous, so I checked out this. Could these people be trying to scam me? Is it strange that I feel a little jittery writing them back? Could they possibly tack into my non-exsistant banking account and rob me blind? I'm over reacting, I know. Anyway, if anyone wants this camera, they are going to have to meet me and pick it up. Or I'll drop it off. I'm pretty flexible for the most part. Whatever.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike Anonymous said...

Those offers are most definitely scams, Jen. Accept cash and cash only.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

They want your SOUL!

come to the reunion.

10:04 AM  
Blogger David said...

An unrelated scam alert: I recently received a letter postmarked from Spain. The letter said that I'd definitely won millions (of pesos or euros...or something) in some sort of Spanish lottery and all I needed to do was send them my bank account info, including account number and routing number. This, of course, would allow anyone to clean out my account quite easily. Question: Does anyone actually FALL for shit like this? Someone must, or these jokers wouldn't be sending out bogus lottery letters.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Dave! So glad to hear from you! It's been ages!

My answer is "yes, people do actually fall for that shit." However, if you saw this strange and persistent people responding to my craigs list ad, you too might be swayed. When dollar signs are there, it's so easy to think it's legit. I'm trying to sell the camera for $150, and someone offered $200. It would make me a hundredaire! Seriously. I need the cash and a little voice inside me wished it were true.

Joe, unless I really do get $200 for the camera, the reunion is off. I do think they want my soul.

Mike - you know craig's list. Thanks for the advice. Keep working on those sideburns because I want them to be HUGE for my birthday,

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I told Mike in the previous post, go to your reunion. Mine was a blast.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home