Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Jen

Speaking of pumpkins, Mike. . . Just like the Rockers, we too had a pumpkin carving gathering. We had some of the best pumkins I've seen this year, including Reba's George Bush pumpkin - see if you can find it in the group picture.

Matt and I did illustrations from Shell Silverstein's a Light in the Attic. I loved this book as a child, and you never really realize how creepy his illustrations are until you look at them again as an adult. I have some minor finishing touches on my pumpkin, so I'll post those pics later.

Here's the group before the carving starts.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The finished pumpkins!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

. . . and the artists!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I shoulda thought of doing a Geo. W. pumpkin. Those "Light in the Attic" ones are awesome. I wish I had pumpking carving skills. Incidently, I actually won 'most classic' in our little balloting, it was the most basic pumpkin ever: three triangles and a mouth. Everone accused me of making up the category just so I could win (not true) We put ours outside the next day and in 24 hours, they were completely destroyed by squirrels.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Carmamma said...

I'm late in seeing these, but they are great. Love em! The Shel ones are amazing. Nice job kids!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thanks guys!

My pumpkin got moldy before I could add those "finishing touches," but I'm happy with the outcome.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

wow...i am suddenly feeling inferior to your pumpkins. Great job! My pumpkin molded in the hallway of my apartment. I was not popular with the neighbors, I'm sure.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home