Sunday, October 01, 2006

Jen

Summer is offically over. Yes, I know it was over a week ago, but I'm a little behind.

It's crazy; I had a list of things I wanted to do when it was spring, and somehow managed to do only a handful of them during our summer months. Here is my list of things I wanted to do, but didn't.

1) Go camping. June 2005, Matt, myself, and a bunch of our good friends in LA spent the weekend up in the mountains. We hiked, crossed a stream in my Jeep and cooked food under the stars. It was great. One of things I wasn't looking forward to about moving back to the midwest is the lack of beautiful campsites nearby. There are a few cool places in Indiana and Starved Rock in Illinois, but the really desolated and beautiful campsites are pretty far away. As you can imagine, we plotted out a couple of weekends that may have worked for a camping trip but nothing ever panned out. Now, we have to wait about 8 months for our next warm weather opportunity.

2) Go to a Cubs game. Matt, being a hoosier and all, has never attended a Cubs game. I have explained to him numerous time how being at Wrigley field is nothing like watching it on TV. It's a whole experience. I really wanted to go on a beautiful summer day where we could enjoy a beer and the friendly confines.

3) Canoe down the Chicago River. The river can be a scary place - it's not my first choice of bodies of water to get wet by. However, I have always wanted to rent a canoe and paddle down to Life's Too Short, dock my boat and get a beer.

4) Go to the Botanical Gardens. I haven't been there in ages and I love the Japanese gardens.

5) Have or go to a "successful" BBQ. During both BBQ's Matt and I had, it rained. We were stuck inside or on our back porch. Although, both events were fun, I wouldn't call them a "successful" BBQ due to the fact that we had to eat inside. No one else we knew had a BBQ this summer. What's up with that?

Now, the only thing I really, REALLY want to do before it gets cold and there are no more apples to pick is well, go apple picking. The next time Matt and I have free happens to be October 15th. Will there still be apples?!?!? I don't know. If anyone is free that day and you want to join us, let me know.

I guess I'll have to put these things at the top of my list for next year. Next year - can you believe it is only 3 months away?!?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home