Tuesday, March 27, 2001

Becky



Going to sleep in the freezing cold is the worst! I am reminded of a story when I lived in England and my friend Sarah convinced me to take the ferry over to Dublin for St. Patty's day with her and leave the next morning. But where are we going to stay? Oh, it will be a big party and we will stay up all night and not worry about making reservations at a hostel. So I foolishly agree and we go to Dublin, have a great time at this one pub and find ourselves out on the dark streets at like 2 am and there is nobody out and it is raining. great idea sarah!!
by a stroke of luck which I will never understand, we then run into some friends of ours who were also studying abroad in England that year. They had thought ahead and had a room at a hostel, so we slept on the floor. All I had at that point was a soaking wet fleece-I have never been so cold as that night-I think my entire body was shaking as I tried to sleep on the floor. But it all worked out and we made it back even without getting sick on the ferry ride back.

and I am now late for a meeting. later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home