Wednesday, May 01, 2002

Jen

Hit me with your best shot*

I bet you are jealous of me too.

I just got two shots in my left arm: the MMR (which is for measles, mumps and rubella) and a tetnus shot (which I thought that I was up to date on, but I guess I'm not considering that I had to get it. Come to think of it, I'm slightly bothered now, because when I got attacked by the hell hound last October, the Doctor asked me if I was up to date on my tetnus shot and I said yes. I could have gotten something serious. hmmmm.) The only good thing about the shots is, they are free, there are free cookies and beverages while you are waiting, and you can request the arm you get the shot in. I haven't gotten a shot in awhile, so I forgot how much the really freak me out. The insertion of the needle part doesn't hurt, but as soon as they inject the vaccination, you can feel it shooting through your arm and to your fingers. It's such a strange feeling. . . I don't like it!

Of course, getting a vaccination isn't as shitty as having your place broken into. The good thing is that they took stuff that is replacable. It's a hassle, none the less, to replace everything. Sorry guys.

I just learned a new trick on photoshop which allows me to make a contact sheet from my digital images. How handy!!! I'm hoping to do about 20 quick prints for class tomorrow. After my last critique, I felt much more inspired to go out and get work done. So, right now, I have three projects going and really excited about all of them!

Martin Parr was fantasic last night! He gave a great lecture and his photographs are really funny and witty. I was the lucky one who got to show him how to use the slide projector remote control. Obviously, we had some sort of miscommunication or he wasn't listening to me, because when he wanted to start showing slides he started pressing the forward button instead of turning it on first. So I got to run in front of the crowd and turn on the projector for him. Anyway, he's a super nice guy and now I have a signed copy of the book. Cool.

So that's pretty much all. I took off tomorrow morning from work so I can get more printing done. I figured that I'm there all the time and I think they can manage another day without me. I need the break anyway!

I was going to end this, but I just found out that a class that basically all the 1st year grad students want is now full. Why? Get this, the undergrads got to register early, and they were given the option of taking this same class. So please, someone tell what the fuck is the point of being a grad student if you don't get any perks what so ever? The only class left this semester is an independent study. That is how limited we are here at Columbia for graduate photo classes. I'm not paying money so that I can waste my time here. I decided to come back to school to learn more and take advantage of what Columbia has to offer. Now I'm beginning to wonder what that was.

*Really terrible pun intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home