Wednesday, January 29, 2003

Jen

There's no beginning to this story . . .

Well, I just had one of those days at work where the morning flies by and then the afternoon drags along and by time it's 4, you want to either pack up your stuff and leave or sit around surfing the internet - neither of what I actually got to do.

I did have a brief discussion of whether or not I should stay at Columbia another year to get my MFA. I pretty much decided that I only wanted to stay here for the MA after the whole incident with that teacher last semester. I finally made a permanent decision about two weeks ago, and ever since then, I've been debating if I made the right decsion or not. It's even hard for me to list the differences between the two degrees. . . hmmm. I think the MFA lets you teach at a graduate level. It's a bit more prestigious too. The MA lets me teach - maybe - at an undergraduate level? I don't know. They really don't tell you those things here, probably because they (meaning the faculity) want you to stay for the 3 years and make their wallets a little fatter. Anyway, registration ends in about three weeks, so I have to make up my mind, and quick. After that, there is really no turning back.

Besides that, I have a checklist of things that I want to get done before school starts back up - here's the list as of now :
-Go to the Dentist - appt. next Wed. at 10:00
-Fix taillight on car - Crawford Auto?
-Dispute Capital One bill -find bill first
-Get tickets for Austin, Texas
-Register for SPE*
-Sell unused computer items on EBay
-Learn how to use EBay - the "U"
-Donate shit

This is a direct translation from a piece of paper that I have in the little calendar that I carry around with me. No, I will not be donating actual shit, it's clothing and two very ancient computers that I have for some reason.

I'll let you know how it goes.

*Society for Photographic Education

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home