Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Thanks for the flattering words, Jen. I wouldn't have joined the 'ole OK+3 team if I didn't think I was surrounding myself with cool/smart/funny people.

Time is definitely moving much faster now that I am no longer an undergrad and have a real* job. I feel like I just graduated from U of I, but I've been out for over 3 years now. Whenever August comes to a close, I feel like it's time to load up my Geo Prizm with plastic crates and head down to Champaign, but it never happens (not that this is a bad thing). All I get to look forward to is another crappy semester of NIU graduate school in Naperville, and working for the man. That may sound depressing, but at least I have Steve Guttenberg movies to keep me happy until retirement.

*awful, mind-numbing, repetitive, spirit-crushing

If anyone has any large sacks of money lying around their apartments/houses/trailers/condos, please send them my way. I have to pay rent for 1.5 people until a replacement for the roommate who just moved to California is found.

Getting co-workers to say semi-naughty things at work:
Me: "Check out what these outsourcing people messed up this time!" (*as I point to the person's name, and the mistake*)
Co-Worker: "Ahh...C. Boub* strikes again." (*pronounced "See boob")
Me: "What was that again?"
Co-Worker: "C. Boub"
Me: "Yeah, that's what I thought."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home