Friday, August 01, 2003

Jen

we're going to be miles away when the cops come


I was outside last night, trying to scrub this dark, molasses-like tree sap off my car (yes, I washed my car and it rained last night.) when I had a very interesting conversation with my next door neighbor. Apparently, he saw my grill before it's disappearence last Thursday and he said, "you know, Ernie probably thought it was Mike's (he used to live in the coach house behind my apt.) grill so that's why he threw it out." So, with this information, I can almost safely assume that he either threw my grill away or took it because he thought that Mike left it on his move. My neighbor also suggested that I deduct the amount of a new grill from my rent check, but I don't think that's the best way to get the attention of guy who spent time in 'Nam.

so, I had a discussion with the roomates and we think that it's best if I write a letter to include with the rent that my grill is now missing and I'm wondering if he may have any knowledge as to it's whereabouts. I hope this goes over with him okay, because I'd hate any early morning wake-ups telling me that grills are a fire hazard and that "The Inspectors" would have disposed of my grill anyway.

Besides being in love with my new car that is taking me to the poor house, I have applied for a second job at Fizz, the bar/restaurant that my friends and I always meet at for 25 cent wings and $2.50 microbrews every Thursday night for the past two years or so. The way that I see it is, I'd be there anyway, so might as well make some cash doing it.

I love working here at the Museum, but the pay isn't great. I wouldn't quit working here of course, but I do need a supplement to my income. I've gone on a pseudo budget, I plan on not spending money on anything during the week - like no eating out, or going to bars, etc - and then I'm allowed to have one fun night out and another budget night doing something else. It kinda sucks, and I haven't even a)been following this plan too closely and b) doing this for more than 5 days. I really have no sense of restraint when spending money. I'm not going to say that I'm not a consumer when I definitly am; it is unfortunately, the American Way. I'm not proud of my habits, but I do it anyway.

I won't know if I get the job until next week, but I'm hoping and praying that they take me because it's not cheap putting gas in my Jeep and certainly not cheaper making car payments.

PS. sold the not running, and spiteful "onda" for a horrible $400. I cried like a baby. That car and I shared a lot of memories (even if a good half were of other cars hitting us.) The guy who bought my little hunk of junk shook my hand and said thanks. I said "Take good care of her." I am such a sap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home