Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Jen

I swear, sometimes I feel like a chicken running around with it's head cut off. (if I actually knew how that felt. . .) Once again I am alone at the gallery, with way too much stuff to do to be writing this anyway. To top it off, I have some weird sinus thing going on that is driving me nuts. I'm guessing that it isn't a cold, but rather some weird Californian allergy that I never knew I had until I moved. I mean, right now, in Chicago, everything is dead. But here, everything looks the same as it did when I moved. Actually some things look even better due to all this rain we have had. Maybe my sinus/allergy thing just doesn't know what hit it.

I've had some annoying people in here lately . . . One man came up to me and asked if were reviewed unsolicited portfolios. We don't, so I politely told him so. He then commented on our show and told me how his art was better than what we had on the wall! How do I respond to that? “Well sir, our artists' works are in museums throughout the world and are well respected and collected, but I'm sure your stuff is WAY better!”

The Mardi Gra party was pretty fun. I was introduced to a delicious beer named Abita, which is from this little place in Louisiana. It is very good. If you can get your hands on some, try it. There was some drama at the party as well. There was a breakup, and the dumped boyfriend stormed out and then came back in the house and locked himself in a bedroom. Awesome.

I'm getting my hair cut tonight at this place called Paper Scissors Rock. Hopefully I don't have to sell my right kidney to pay for this.

Hopefully later, I'll be able to make Eric's show at The Comedy Store (Details below for anyone who reads this in LA and likes to laugh!) but I have to see how Matt feels after he gets off work. He wakes up super early in the morning and it's kind of a drag for him to stay out late and then get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep. You get it.

So, if you would like to go to Eric's show and see some other comedians as well, check this out:

Greg Dean's Comedy Showcase
The Comedy Store
8433 W. Sunset Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90069

Doors @7:30
Show @8:00
$6 cover, two drink minimum

Just so you know. Matt and I showed up late last time and did not have to pay for the cover or two drinks. Eric probably won't be on until 10:00 or 10:30 anyway, so show up at 10 on the dot, sneak in, not buy alcohol, unless you want to, and avoid the bad comedians in the beginning.

I hope everyone else's days are moving smoothly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home