Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Jen

I never did make it to the Renegade Craft Fair.

I did however get stuck in a rainstorm just as I was about to walk a couple of blocks to go get coffee. My luck.

I have temporarily taken a break for looking for another job. Just this week, I promise. I got a call for an interview in two weeks for a pretty sweet position as a gallery assistant (meaning full time and very good pay). My guess is that I am not the only one being interviewed, so I have to be at my best. It's like a competition: who can charm the pants off the new employer first. I hate competitions. Hate them. When I was in grammar school, all the kids would be timed for the 50 yard dash and whatever other races there are for the big grammar school competition. I would purposely run slower so I wouldn't be chosen to compete against the other grammar schools. I used to run so fast, and then when I got picked in 4th grade and faked being sick not to have to run, every year afterwards I just ran slower. I don't like winning and I don't like losing, unless it's on purpose. . . .and maybe if the game is "Sorry". In which case, I love to win at "Sorry."

My point is, I want the job and I’ll do my best to get it. I just wish I was the only person they called in for an interview because they looked at my resume, realized that I was the only one appropriate for the job and just wanted to meet me in person just to make sure I was as awesome as they expected. Is that so wrong?

Tonight there are two wonderful episodes of "Lost." Don't try and phone me between the hours of 7 pm and 9 pm. Thanks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Pindelski said...

Don't forget CDB at Heidi Barton's house ... you loved winning at that too ... and Showgirls

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home