Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Jen

You know, for being unemployed, you would think I'd be writing a whole lot more.

Currently I am wrestling with an Target armoire that will soon house our TV set. I swear, it's like they purposely make it so the parts don't fit together. Everything is going smoothly and BAM! on stupid hole is slightly off and you have to finagle everything into place. Grr to Target for having affordable, slightly cool stuff that sucks to put together.

We actually haven't plugged in our larger TV set for over a year. In Venice, it sat at the bottom of a large closet under a drum kit. Matt and I joke about how we are too lazy to actually plug it in, but in all reality, we are too lazy and haven't checked to see if it works. So, this stupid armoire may turn out to be a home for a broken tv set.

Matt has started classes at DePaul so he is gone for the night. I had plans to watch Lost on the big TV in the new armoire, but it's almost time for Lost and nothing is ready for me to view it on.

Matt and I went to Ikea yesterday on an empty stomach so we decided to try the cafe. I've never eaten there before, probably because I think it is weird to eat at a furniture store, but hell, we were hungry, so we got this potato medley thing (good) with apricot sauce (good) and sick hot pink beets (sick!) on the side. The server asked me if I wanted the beets and I agreed, but they were horrible. I nearly vomited up the small portion I put in my mouth. Gross!!! Then we bought a lamp for $5.99 and went home. All in a days work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

If I were a giant terminte, I wouldn't have to eat at the cafe at all. But I'd still go to Ikea for their affordable, portable, scrumtrillescent home accessories!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home