Wednesday, August 07, 2002

Jen

I'm buying what your selling


I've seen that stupid miracle blade. . . The commercial pisses me off. The guy selling it goes around cutting everything up and then just throwing it away. What a waste. "Here, I'll just cut this bread, and then throw it away! Then I'll chop all these vegetables and guess what? Then I'll throw them away!" What an asshole!

Of course, I may have stopped myself from buying the Miracle blade, but then I made two other purchases today.

1)Tickets to Oakland. I will officially be visiting California once again - this time to visit Becky. We are hoping to make a trip down to LA, so hopefully I'll be able to see a familiar face, and finally give him pictures that I took when I was out there in January. I'll be heading out West on September 6th and I really can't wait! (tickets were soooooo cheap. I bought mine from Southwest Airlines.)

the next purchase was a bit more expensive. . .

2) A brand spankin' new I-MAC: as my co-worker Brian said, I have joined the darkside. If you have been reading this blog for sometime, you will think to yourself, "Didn't she always bitch about typing on a mac?" If you are thinking this, you are so right. I hated them, and then somehow, they won me over. If you saw my new computer, you would be won over too. It has a 17 inch flat screen, a DVD-R and CD-R and it so compact! I won't be getting it for a few weeks, but it's worth the wait!

Last night, Nate and I were witness to a domestic dispute, which we had to wait on Columbus Drive for the cops. I won't get too much into the story because it's kind of long, but I will say, that if I ever find myself in the same situation as the woman we were helping, I hope to god that the cops come quicker then the two calls and 20 minutes later that we waited. Do you know how many cops roam the streets of Chicago, especially Columbus Drive, giving out stinking parking tickets? Also, god forbid they understand "a half block north of Monroe on the west side of the street on Columbus." Even with exact directions like that, we witnessed a cop car pass us up on the wrong side of the street and then not turn around for us, and then another pass us up and go a half block south on the east side of the street. There's nothing that pisses me off more then incompetence. That and the asshole selling the miracle blade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home