Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Jen

I wish you were here

Wow. It looks like there hasn't been much going on for the past week. I haven't had a chance to write anything due to my ever increasing job responsiblities. Now, I have an idea as to what Becky went through taking over for a pregnant lady as well. I only wish that I got relocated to California. . .

Anyway, last week I managed to get a lot of stuff crossed off my to-do list - ok, really only three of eight things. I HAVE to sell that stuff on e-bay before it's worth absolutely nothing. I have this palm pilot that I loved when I first got it, and then realized how I really had no use for the thing. It's just so much easier to write things on paper as opposed to that tiny little keyboard. It's got to be worth at least $400 still - that is enough to buy myself an i-pod. mmmmm, i-pod.

Classes are back in session and my first class of the week is tomorrow morning at 9. I'm no good with 9 o'clock classes. They just require much too much effort. That and I really don't think well that early. I'm a 10 o'clock kind of lady. I'm no longer crabby and I can actually have a full and intelligent conversation. 9 is usually filled with grunts and moans.

I'm excited to be headed into my last semester here. I have fully decided that I'm only staying for my masters. I just don't think that the three years would make a difference to me, although I'll really miss my boys here - Brian and Jon. I just think I need to get this over with and get on with my life. Just seems like the right thing to do right now.

Ok, one short story and then I'm off for home and yoga. Nate and I are at Cody's on Saturday night, sitting at the bar, enjoying $1.75 Schlitz (this is only important due to the fact that they are soooo cheap.) This women sits down next to me -she's in her fifties (I find this out later), she's smoking (she just started a year ago because she rather die younger than older) and she orders a glass of wine (only important because we are at a bar that also serves $1.75 Schlitz.) Anyway, I have the pleasure of talking to her for a majority of the night, and she's a real cool lady. I'm not sure exactly what I said, but she then tells me, "You're like the daughter I aborted 24 years ago." Hmmm. How does one respond to that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home