Thursday, April 24, 2003

Jen

my old man told me one time, you never get wise, you only get older

Well, it's 9:30 and once again, I'm sitting in my favorite chair at my favorite computer in the digi lab. I just called Christie to hear all the fun I'm missing at Thursday night wings at Fizz, and of course, being how scattered brained i've been the past couple of weeks, forgot that she and a good half of the Thursday night crew are on their way to the Badlands. I did get to talk to her, and I still feel like I'm missing out on the fun. I could be on my way to South Dakota. After writing that last sentence, it doesn't sound so fun anymore.

At least I have my i-pod to keep me company. The above quote comes from "Big Indian" by the Dandy Warhols, which I am listening to at this minute.

Anyway, I've had some good news and bad over the past two days. Good news: All things are on track for the thesis show and I hopefully will get some announcement cards soon. Cool. Bad news: Remember that stupid billboard project that I have been working on last semester? Well, the billboard designs are actually up and around the city. Ok, so that's good news. Also good news - one of the billboards can be found in the new Reader. NOW, the bad news. My classmates and I were not listed as owners and creators of the billboards. The professor who was appointed to the class is the only person listed, and it sounds as if he thought of the whole god damn thing. Here, let me quote it for you. "(teacher) worked with Columbia College photo students and middle schoolers from the Academy of Communications and Technology. . ." The way that it sounds here is that we helped this particular teacher execute his idea for a billboard design. When is real life, we, meaning the Graduate students (which isn't EVEN MENTIONED!), designed a class for ourselves and had this teacher appointed to guide us in our project. Not once did he go to ACT, which happens to be a high school, not a middle school, to work with these kids. What a load of fuckin' bullshit. I'm pissed and it will be corrected.

More on this tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home