Monday, April 28, 2003

Jen

It's hard not to miss something you don't forget

Well, we just had a meeting with the teacher who I bitched about last Thursday regarding the billboard project. Things got a lot more heated this weekend when we found out that the billboards were on WGN with just an ad for OCAP - the organization that helped to fund the printing of the billboards. The ad wouldn't have been so bad if the actual website listed on the ad did not also list this certain teacher as the creator of the billboards. And, to make matters worse, they titled the billboards: "Guy with mannequins" or "Women Shopping." It's ridiculous. They are using our images and not even telling us. Who the hell do they think they are? I also think, which is even worse than not mentioning us, that it is extraordinarily shitty that they do not NOT name the high school kids that helped finish this project. OCAP is the organization that set us up with them. Those kids are basically used so the fine folks at OCAP can get paid. I want those kids to be listed on the website. That is the only right thing to do.


After speaking to that teacher this morning, I only feel slightly better. It looks like we are on the path to change things, but I just don't feel settled. He said that he told the Reader about us and told them it was our project, and he couldn't imagine why we weren't listed. I still feel cheated. Should I?

I have to be down at work in a couple of minutes, so I'm off. More bureaucracy later in the day.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home