Thursday, February 13, 2003

Jen

If they can make machines to save us labor. Someday they'll do out hearts the very same favor

Ive been reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and I can't get that Dismemberment Plan song (Memory Machine - that's where the above quote is from) out of my head, because Travis makes a refernce to the book and well, the song just fits everthing that's going on so well. God, it's so sad that they broke up! But then again, all good things must come to an end. Isn't that the saying?

I just had my two classes for the week, which seem like they are going to be very helpful and all around very good. I got off of class early, so I can either a) go back down to work and help prepare for the opening b) clean the dust off the negs I scanned yesterday or c)check my e-mail and blog. I choose c.

Can I start a rant?

Has everyone bought their duct tape and plastic?

I'm just trying to figure out who in their right mind thinks that putting plastic and using duct tape to cover their windows in any way, shape or form is going to protect them from chemical warfare. Please tell me. I can't even believe how ridiculous the thought is. But, people believe it. It's crazy to think how well propaganda works and how the media can scare people into going to war. If you pick up the Sun Times today (still the shittiest paper in Chicago, but hey, people read it) there is a headline that missiles form Korea can reach and bomb L.A (Right next to car ads and Simpsons Trivia). Talk about scaring the public into thinking that the US has to do something before something happens to us: "If we as a country don't act first then we will be destroyed." Most, if not all countries in Europe don't want to go to war, and then Bush makes them out to be "evil?" I'd love to meet and shake the hands of every moron who thought that electing Bush for president was a good idea.

I'm sorry that this rant has no format, I'm just pissed off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home